Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blogging on...

Our surprise Friday night guest got me thinking. Too true that before starting a major project you have to make sure you will be finishing it! The flatconferenceconference.ning.com sounds great and I will take some more time to check it out.
citizen journalism?
I am going to make a point of remembering to mix it up and use the following more often
• Youtube
• Teachertube
• Ning
• Twitter
• Google groups
• Google calendar – at least department wide
• Delicious
• Flickr
• Wikis


Interesting, and out of this what most stand out for me is how the impact of technology can be life changing if it is in a place in the world
where there are not different nationalities. We exist in a community of over 50 different cultures and so cannot help but be touched by them and understand the scope of our differences and similarities. So I forget the countries were there are still pockets of people who live in isolation of other cultures.

I was horrified to learn that Luddite leaders in schools are blocking youtube and internet access. One step forward – how many back?

No comments:

Post a Comment